Does sitting in a tree really help?

yyiiyyii

Does sitting in a tree really help? You can see people sitting in a tree so someone doesnt cut it down or move it.

Do not get me wrong i do like trees and do not like to see them cut down.

I wonder if someone sits in a tree for 1 month or if someone spends 1 month planting new trees, then who is helping the envoiroment and trees more. Also i see people holding up signs made of paper saying do not cut down this tree. So i also have to ask where do they think the paper came from to make that sign.

I think u can do more good by planting trees then sitting in a tree. Also if u dont want people to cut down trees for paper then buy less paper. for examaple do not buy news papers, u can read about news online these days. if u want to protest something, then a great way to do it is boycotting. Hitting someone in the pocket is something they can feel.

Newspaper doesn't come from trees. It did maybe, 50 years ago. But that same 50 year old paper is still being used because they RECYCLE it.

I agree. I encountered a similar problem for y2k. I stood up in my H.S freshman English class and basically flamed everyone and their parents in the classroom. We had to write an essay about the Y2k problem that would soon "occur." I basically stated in my paper "Its pretty damn stupid that people are rushing out grabbing water and provisions because the world is going to end at 12am Y2k. I'm sorry if no one notices but there are 24 time zones. Is the world going to end one time zone at a time? My class hated me for a while, even their parents I was told as well, but hey, like you stated people do things so backwards trying to prevent other things to happen, and the irony is so funny.

protest with solar powered flat panel

you should protest with a flat panel monitor powered by solar energy.

that way, you don't use up any paper on a sign, and don't burn the fossil fuels to power the monitor.

plus, we will really be impressed as you carry around a car batttery for power!

:)

Why don't you ask Darryl Hannah how well it works.

I think a majority of the time the point is to cause a fuss to raise awareness, not to save that particular tree.

Also, you know there are better places on the internet to discuss these topics you tend to bring up than a computer site.

I just have one thing to say that sums up why people do this; attention :D .

Wait wait wait... sit in a tree??? :suspiciou

Like this?
treemr6.jpg

:(

Really, is there some terminology I'm not aware of...?

(EDIT: Removed above quote... haven't been on forums for a while, almost forgot to not quote above person ;))

@ Supermashbrada:
Your Sig. said:
G.skill ddr2 1Gbx2@900 Ghz 5-5-5-15
Nice, benchies ;)?

agi_shi said:
:(

Really, is there some terminology I'm not aware of...?

(EDIT: Removed above quote... haven't been on forums for a while, almost forgot to not quote above person ;))

@ Supermashbrada:

Nice, benchies ;)?

yeah thx, started putting my system together in November. Only thing I regret is my motherboard, all else stays.

supersmashbrada said:
yeah thx, started putting my system together in November. Only thing I regret is my motherboard, all else stays.
Your system is indeed nice, don't get me wrong (it totally destroys mine ;) ) :hotouch: , but I was referring to this:

Your Sig. said:
G.skill ddr2 1Gbx2@900 Ghz 5-5-5-15

OH, that's hilarious. I didnt even notice that, thx, haha. That would be awesome if I could get those benches though

Hmmm, some serious performance :D...but I don't think any motherboard would accept that :( .

Back