Doom Eternal's PC requirements have arrived

midian182

Staff member
In brief: Doom Eternal arrives at the end of next week, so it’s time for Bethesda to reveal what kind of PC setup you’ll need for the game's minimum and recommended settings.

Doom Eternal is a beautiful-looking title in which high framerates are important. As such, hitting 60 fps at 1080p, even with low settings, requires a 6GB GTX 1060—the most popular card among Steam users—or equivalent. Processor-wise, the minimum specs ask for at least an Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz, which should cover most gamers. It can also run on 64-bit Windows 7.

Moving onto the recommended specs that will allow 60pfs@1440p with high-quality settings, Doom Eternal requires an RTX 2060 or equivalent. The processor demands go up to an Intel Core i7-6700K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X or better, while the memory requirements jump from 8GB to 16GB.

Like most modern AAA games, this one will eat up a fair chunk of your drive space—50GB, though that’s less than some recent releases.

Doom Eternal Minimum PC Specs

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor:  Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or better
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB), GTX 1060 (6GB), GTX 1650 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB)/RX 470 (4GB)
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: (1080p / 60 FPS / Low Quality Settings)

Doom Eternal Recommended PC Specs

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X or better
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB), RTX 2060 (8GB) or AMD Radeon RX Vega56 (8GB)
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: (1440p / 60 FPS / High Quality Settings)

We heard last week that id Software’s new id Tech 7 engine is capable of pushing Doom Eternal to 1,000fps, not that there’s any current hardware able to support those frame rates. But 60fps@4K still looks very pretty.

Doom 2016 is known for its pounding soundtrack, and the latest entry in the franchise will be no different. Composer Mick Gordon even put together a 20-person heavy-metal choir composed of vocalists from various bands and backgrounds.

Doom Eternal arrives on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on 20th March, with a Nintendo Switch version expected later this year.

Permalink to story.

How long do I have to wait for a "CRYSIS" technology demonstrator that threatens to bring my Corei9Extreme/ 2080Ti and 32GB DDR4 to its knees?

The mere fact that even the newest games can run on just about any Core i7 with 16GB RAM and a 1060 just lets you know that the developers are targeting consoles rather than targeting desktops because they are more interested in inclusion so they make max profits.

I wonder how long it will be until I install a game that absolutely tells me: "your entire computer needs to be upgraded".

At this rate, even my laptops will be just fine for a year or two to come.

How long do I have to wait for a "CRYSIS" technology demonstrator that threatens to bring my Corei9Extreme/ 2080Ti and 32GB DDR4 to its knees?

The mere fact that even the newest games can run on just about any Core i7 with 16GB RAM and a 1060 just lets you know that the developers are targeting consoles rather than targeting desktops because they are more interested in inclusion so they make max profits.

I wonder how long it will be until I install a game that absolutely tells me: "your entire computer needs to be upgraded".

Crysis was an unoptimized mess. Just keep using it , you still wont keep a constant 60 FPS at all times, let alone 144, in Crysis.

It's hardly a barometer for the rest of the industry. And who cares if games are optimized for console? That just means my hyper powerful computer will get an even longer lifespan then it already does.

Stop swaggering and asking stupid retorical questions “when a game will tell me my entire pc needs to be upgraded” if you have a “top-for-today” hardware.

Also 1060 is not enough - it’s minimum requirement. Put 4k Ultra on 144+ Mhz and your hardware will not be enough.. so stop swaggering.

But I do admit, that developers are mostly interested in profit or ROI rather than smth else. I would do the same. Who wouldn’t...

Stop swaggering and asking stupid retorical questions “when a game will tell me my entire pc needs to be upgraded” if you have a “top-for-today” hardware.

Also 1060 is not enough - it’s minimum requirement. Put 4k Ultra on 144+ Mhz and your hardware will not be enough.. so stop swaggering.

But I do admit, that developers are mostly interested in profit or ROI rather than smth else. I would do the same. Who wouldn’t...
You mean ID doesnt want to end up bankrupt like Crytek ded? Color me shocked!

Weird flex, but Ok. I mean its just a consumer product nothing special....
Anyways, you can always do stuff like fiddling with config files and increasing number of rays, particles, draw distance etc and bring even a pc far superior to yours to knee.

Try playing Arma 3 at anything approaching 60fps at high settings.

Oh cool, my 2016 built PC sits right on that recommended settings as I have the 6700k and GTX 1080. 11 days before I rip and tear some more...

Play Metro Exodus on "Extreme" graphics preset and "Ultra" Ray Tracing even @ 1440p.

Bring some kneepads for your PC and some tissues for you.

Now where did I put that s3 virge 4 mb gpu pci . 160x200 320x200. some games support that low dpi even into the future. unigine heaven and so on. so you dont needing that all gpu power. 640x480 support are enough. but over 100 gb after updates and win 10 7 updtes. red 2 was 170 gb some thats a whole ages to get down.

a vdsl 1 2 30 mb adsl 15 mb req up to 50 mb just to get those 100 gb down in a whole day. lan support 10 gb. if they ever gets out the can run it low on rx 280 gpus. doom 2016 alike system req. if the game are optimized I could run in low 1080p 2k 4k maybe 8k textures too. buying a 8k are no synd. sin 2 up nxt

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/sin was a nice game. even newest sin can run that low. crysis are a old bugger. but runs fine. (I dont want to play it again) (frustrating tank mission warrning)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserR...w_ZeXyI1eBBt7KKBDY0aOld5M2ejc9N-wYVuKlFobgpv8 enough for gameplay. so getting 10 gen cpu 10xxx would make it 10-110% faster gameplay. 2000 fps ?

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserR...FEmNK35bubLO_dMTNOI1A2a_Z41c1PewMtDS98qOMctWU more power nxt up gigabyte x570 UD gtx 1080 ti 11gb gpu 16-32 gb 2400 3200 mhz ram vram modules. see what modules 2400 and 3200 16 gb are 1 st

I got enough power for running a low game like doom 2016 too https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserR...6Uea84h7phf-wjK2sgL2XB7noze2JMJV5bk9of2SbkikU thats enough pcie 4.0 power. m.2 disk 5000 mb /s pcie 4.0 *xt 5700 *xr * could be xr xt or xt xr.

Last edited:

Which is why you should not spend so much cash on a PC. There was no need for you to upgrade to what you have now. If you want a game that actually tests hardware, play DCS World at max settings. Good luck with 60fps at 4K, or 1440p for that matter. It will require a lot of learning past just point-and-shoot FPS games however. Also, making games that require that kind of cash outlay by a gamer would be stupid in the extreme as most people are more sensible with their cash.

At this point I would need to see CPUZ and GPUZ validations of your system to believe anything.
I still game with an i7 X58 @ 4.0GHz with 12GB DDR3 and a GTX 1080 @ 1440p and it plays anything just fine, mostly due to the GPU.

Lmao cool story bro. Epeening pretty hard here lately.

Pretty simple, they won't be targeting the high end market which is just around 10% or less of the overall sales hardware.

Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 with RTX on?

Looks great but so does the previous game which ran very well. Hopefully they continue the trend.

Crank RDR2 with everything maxed out. It will show you a framerate you won't be happy with.... or toss a rift or index into the mix then you'll really push your gpu, pushing 2 screens (plus your monitor, so technically 3).

The specs are in line with what I expected. id's game engine is tightly optimized to run on PCs and consoles without too much fuss. I just wish they would use a more varied color palette, you know, something other than brown and brown :).

The specs are in line with what I expected. id's game engine is tightly optimized to run on PCs and consoles without too much fuss. I just wish they would use a more varied color palette, you know, something other than brown and brown :).
But... But... Gamedevs love brown. And Grey. And greyish browns. Rendered in 4k textures with blinding glare and motion blur like a cherry on a sh*tcake.

Back