Download Bios update

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroboy

Can someone please help,I downloded the wrong bios update by mistake and now my laptop keeps restarting,is there anyway of putting this right i will be grateful of any help.

What exactly did you do? "keeps restarting" means what? What kind of a laptop is it?

Bios

The Laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M3438G with a Intel Pentium Processor,1 gig of ram,100 gig hard drive. I downloaded by mistake a Bios Update for a M1437G instead of a M3438G, now when I boot-up it loads, then a blue screen comes on saying something about updating the bios - the blue screen is only on for a few seconds (not enough time to read) - then it restarts.

bios

By "restart" I mean the computer keeps loading and restarting the same thing all over again, until I switch off.

Hey Nodsu, I think your being a bit rash. Here @ Techspot try to avoid people having to pay to have thier problems fixed!

Atleast try:
HERE

Now, of course I may be wrong here and you are entitled to give your opinion, but AFAIK:

The laptop BIOS update process is started before any booting sequence, therefore, it is impossible to boot from any media, therefore any repair processes described in that thread are totally useless.

Call me harsh when boroboy reports that he has fixed his laptop with a Windows Repair..

No. He can press - i think its - F4. Putting you into the setup process before even choosing startup modules.

Thank guys for your replys will try and will let you know how it go`s.

What happens if I press F4 I am a novice at this.If it helps the laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M3438G with a Intel Pentium Processor,1 gig of ram,100 gig hard drive. I downloaded by mistake a Bios Update for a M1437G instead of a M3438G, now when I boot-up it loads, then a blue screen comes on saying something about updating the bios - the blue screen is only on for a few seconds (not enough time to read) - then it restarts the process all over again untill i turn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back