Driver_irql_not_less ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran across a previous thread on this topic that had been closed; it appears that a few of you know how to interpret the minidump to determine the source of the problem reported within them.

Using: WinXP SP2

Event happens during FTP upload attempts (and some http upload attempts).

Stop error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000000, 0x000000ff, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at el59x.sys. This is your 3Com Fast Etherlink/EtherLink III PCI/EISA Bus-Master Network Driver. 2 of your minidumps also reference avgtdi.sys. This is your AVG Network connection watcher.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling these drivers. also, check for any updated drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

howard_hopkinso said:
All your minidumps crash at el59x.sys. This is your 3Com Fast Etherlink/EtherLink III PCI/EISA Bus-Master Network Driver. 2 of your minidumps also reference avgtdi.sys. This is your AVG Network connection watcher.
The device driver for that nic is *really* for Win2000 .. I forgot I was using that nic; I seem to remember reaching for whatever I had lying around when my last one died. I suspect the nic considering the event being attemped just at the point of the crash. I've tried to find a newer driver, but best I could do was download a different copy and try it; the problem persist.

As for the avgtdi.sys, simply uninstall AVG and reinstall it?

I plan on purchasing a new nic tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes, by the way, my last minidump post nic device update.

Thanks Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back