Drivers always prompting to re-install (windows XP)

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure whether this is the correct place to post this (I'm new here). Sorry if it's the wrong place!

So my problem is I am running a laptop on windows XP. Every time I start up the computer, it prompts me to install device drivers (HID-compliant devices and stuff). The weird part is, I've already installed those drivers when I first got the computer. I've learned to just press cancel every time those prompts pop up, but I'm wondering if I'm able to stop them from popping up every single time I start the computer. I'm also curious as to why it's doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel core 2 duo
RAM: 2GB DDR3 RAM
Brand: Lenovo R500
Graphics: Intel R 4 series express chipset family (on-board)

I'm far from an expert, but why not let them install to see if it quits prompting you? If all else fails, you can roll them back. After all, they could be "updated drivers". Just my thoughts. :)

I'm far from an expert, but why not let them install to see if it quits prompting you? If all else fails, you can roll them back. After all, they could be "updated drivers". Just my thoughts. :)

Hey learninmypc,

I've tired reinstalling and updating my drivers, but no luck. I don't really know what it means to "roll-back" your driver. I've seen the option before, but don't know what it does. I'm kind of reluctant to do it since this is my school's computer; not mine. Could you please explain to me what rolling-back a driver does? Thanks!

Ok, first of all you should of said in your first post its a school computer. In that case, I'm strongly suggesting you talk to the person at school in charge of pc upkeep/updating.
If I'm not wrong, any help from in here could get you in trouble. Thank you & good luck.

Ok, first of all you should of said in your first post its a school computer. In that case, I'm strongly suggesting you talk to the person at school in charge of pc upkeep/updating.
If I'm not wrong, any help from in here could get you in trouble. Thank you & good luck.

learninmypc,

Sorry I didn't tell you specifically that it was a school computer.

By the way, they are fine with me tweaking around with the computer, and trying to fix it.

Back