drunk drivers should be burned at the stake

erwin1978

insert

You'll need Microsoft Word to view this doc. This was given to me by my cousin and it touches me so deep that I felt the need to share it. It's about this 23 year old girl who survived a drunk driving accident and left her badly disfigured. She doesn't even resemble a human any more.

I'm 23 years old as well, and I can't imagine what my life would be like if something like that happened to me. I probably wouldn't want to live.

It's very sad, and that picture is especially haunting... It's possibly one of the most horrible tradgedies that a human can endure these days...

But still, human stupidity will be around for as long as we can imagine. Maybe in a few thousand years we will grow to not be so primitive and maybe appreciate and repsect life, chance and tradgedy.

Yes this is a very tragic and horrible thing to happen. I lost a friend in high school because of this. It truely amazes me how someone can goto a bar and get drunk and then drive home, as if it is that hard to realize that you have had too much to drink, and call a cab.

But as Rick says stupidity is everywhere, and as I like to say "Ignorance is bliss"

I am pretty easy to get along with, but when it comes to ignorance about something, I tend to lose it.

I LOVE to get so drunk that I can't even stand.

Of course... I do it in my home or in a bar just around the corner of my house. I don't dream of driving under those conditions. That's like handing a gun to a psychopath and saying "go shoot!"

The fact of the matter is, you do need to see it. Even if you aren't a wreckless drunk you may know someone who is, then you would be more adamant in making sure that they stop.

my mom was killed by a drunk driver

i was over visiting my parents and I was in the computer room with my dad, he was showing me stuff on the net about using stocks. i went into the kitchen to get a soda and my mom was picking up her purse and i heard my brother say "do you want me to go with you?" and she said "no...im just going up to the mall for a minute". That was about 7:00 in the evening. When your goofing around on the net time seems to fly by and i remember my dad looking at his watch about 8:20 and saying "i wonder whats taking your mother so long." A little while later we get a ring at the door and its an arlington police officer and some guy in a white jacket. I immediatly think theyre there to get my brother (an alcoholic who kept getting in trouble) and he asks if this was the address for my mom. My blood pressure shot through the roof and we invite them in and he tells us that she has been in a wreck and that she is dead. Just like that. one sentence. When you hear that its like your mind explodes like youve taken a 12ga shotgun blast to the head. It was an illegal mexican, no drivers license, no insurance, no known address, blood alcohol 3 times the legal limit and speeding through a red light. At the sentencing hearing i was sternly warned ahead of time not to be un-nice to him because he was going to jail for 5 years and things were bad enough for him. and this is in Texas....you wouldnt think judges would be so liberal here. At the sentencing he said he was sorry and was reading the bible trying to get forgiveness from God for what he did. I hope he is sincere. If so then I wish the best for him.

oh man, what a sad story. i wish you are your family all the best. I don't think I could be so forgiving.

Thats just horrible, hope your doing ok. however the 'insert' doesnt work, as if the link is dead. Im 14 and I think it would be good for me to see a little reality, as I hear it all the time.

Nyarlathotep> That's horrible! And I have to say I admire the way you wish the driver all the best.... Not sure if I'd be able to do the same......

I'm sure it's no consolation to you, Nyarlathotep, but the man that committed this horrible crime will have to live with himself, and what he did, every day for the rest of his life. That's a terrible burden to have, no matter what kind of person you are.

I lost one of my best friends in an 'accident' several years ago - two *****s in vans were racing each other round a blind bend in the road while my friend was riding his motorbike to work one morning. He reacted so quickly, he avoided them both, and they were completely unharmed. My friend wasn't so lucky. He came off the road and was thrown from his bike, breaking his neck in the fall. He died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

Nothing can bring him back, and nothing can be done to the thoughtless people that took his life. In this incident, no alcohol was involved, just stupidity.

I admire you for the way you have reacted - if everyone thought like you do, the world would be a better place.

For those we have lost, all we can do is let everyone know what wonderful people they still are, wherever you believe they may be now. That's how we keep them alive in our hearts.

I sincerely feel sorry for you and your family Nyarlathotep. As many of you guys know Poertner_1274 and I are drinking heavily all week because of a school tradition around St. Pats day. Today I knew I was going to be drunk or at least drinking much of the day, so it was an obvious choice to ride my bike to wherever I was going to be today. Yes I know biking isn't that great either, but its infinitely better for others to be riding a 20lb bike than driving a 2 ton car when you are inebriated.
Its not just simply a matter of others saftey on drunk driving its also a matter of your own. At worst you can kill youself and others, but also a very real possibility is getting caught drinking and driving. That just happened to a real good friend of mine and it costs a lot of money to deal with somethign like that, and most likely its goign to be on your record for a while.
Just some things to think about.

Seems like with the laws being as strick and as hard on drunk drivers, there wouldn't be many things like this. the state I live in has mandatory first offense DUI: suspended license for three months, a very large fine, and you have to go to some type of a driving school. Second offense is one year suspended license, large fine and optional jail time. I think the third you lose your license forever, and it also includes mandatory jail time. I think it is one year, not sure. If you happen to get into a wreck, it gets worse. If someone is killed, the least you would get is 1st degree manslaughter, if you just happen to cause injuries, it is something like assault with intent or something like that. Also, if you are DUI and are involved in an accident, you are considered at fault, whether or not you actually are. BTW, drunk in the state of Alabama is .08 blood/alcohol, that is ~one beer for the average sized person.
Seems like with such hard laws, we would have a very low DUI rate but that is not the case. I personally stay as far away from a car as I can while drinking.

Why is the link broken ? :(

Sngx, I personally think that driving anything when drunk (even bikes) is dangerous ...

Everything whilst drunk is dangerous. But biking is really only endangering yourself, espically if you stay on the sidewalks.

There is a certain amount of danger for everything we do in our day to day lives, but it's people who drink and drive that increase the danger in otherwise safe activities. Do they not realize that what they may consider to be fun/relaxing is endangering the lives of innocent people? The people who enjoy having a few drinks should take precautions; they could take a taxi to where they need to be, or perhaps leave their car keys with a sober friend. Just simple things like this could save so many lives, it may be an inconvenience to you, but everyone is better off in the long run. If you cannot do such simple things for the good of a safer world, maybe drinking isn't the best idea for you.

Not sure how I missed this post originally, though my friend was telling me months ago about that article you've linked to (He said it was an ad they had running far as a I remember).
Pretty nasty from what he told me though.

something to remember

i read some of the posts that people put in reply and some might be kind of young. I am 37 and ive been in and out of heavy drinking and druge use before. From personal experience I know that the most dangerous times when a person is drinking is after just a couple drinks (when you really get the high effect.....sort of like a stimulant) and after you are totally drunk (most people fall asleep before they get this far gone.....but people who drink a lot, like i used to do, get to where they can "handle it" and still function....but the functioning is SEVERELY lmited.) If i had it all to do over again i wouldnt know what alcohol is like but thats kind of hard to do in a society saturated in it.

Very good point Nyarlathotep. I am in college now and my campus is all about drinking, actually there is nothing else to do here. It is scary how bad people can get and the things they try to do. Just be careful with whatever you do.

i was looking through some old posts here at techspot and i saw this one and was amazed and how much i could relate to Nyarlathotep tragedy.
3 months ago my parents went to the video store to go rent a movie around 9:00 P.M..i was sitting in my room playing BF2 that my mom and i just picked up from the mall eirlier that day..my mom came in my room and said dad and i are going to go rent a movie.Then in no to time it was 11:00 and i couldn't figure out were they were at. i called my moms cell phone about 100 times and nothing. eventually a police officer came to the door and told me what happened. a 19 your old kid was drunk and on x and blew a 4 way stop sign at 95 MPH in a 20 zone. My dad was killed instantly and mom was in critical condition. Now my whole life is completly srewed up..i had to move to chicago from arizona leave all my freinds behind, and any memories of my dad.My mom eventually was released from the hospital after 2 and a half months. now she has short term memory loss and her arm is made of titanium..8 screws, and 4 metal poles..the kid is being charged with second degree murder..aggravated assualt, 6 felonies total,

Im not writing this for people to feel sorry for me, im writing this to try to prevent this from ever happening to anyone else..dont drink and drive

the problem with drunk drivers is that they get to tell their story more times than their victims.

Back