Dual Core or Core Duo ¿?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dual core" generally referes to dual core processors in general, that is, processors with two physical cores.
"Core Duo" is...well I think you mean "Core 2 Duo" which is the name (mostly marketing BS, nothing special) Intel has given to their line of Conroe and Wolfdale class dual core CPU's.

You obviously (no offense), don't really know what your talking about, I think it could be more productive to simply post the whole context of the question.

Hi zarstone,
are you just on a quest for knowledge? or are you contemplating a purchase?

I need to buy one and do not see what the difference goes dual core and core duo .. it's better. TY all.

They all are just updates of each other better speed and power efficiency. Core 2 Duo is the latest get yourself a Core 2 Duo, they are great for all uses, such as gaming and running lots of applications.

Ok im understand dual core is better ty all people....and core duo are single core but half in two ...sorry for my bad english LOL......

Silly, its the same thing,,lol core 2 duo is dual core , same ,,,,

unless your talkin core 2 or Athlon dual core ,,, hmm gl

@Tweakboy, yes it's just similar name, but it's little different, by referring it to socket, die size, and code name.

@ Wolfram, it's same thing for Pentium D, only in shorter name.

Well last time I checked, Pentium D's were based on Netburst, and Pentium Dual Cores are based on Core. (Some are Allendale's or Wolfdale's).

Quite a confusing lineup if you ask me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back