Dual CRT monitor colour problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nause

I've just hooked up a second crt monitor to my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and it works fine except for the fact the at it seems to be displaying purple more than any of the other colours. This isn't just in Windows it happens when booting up in Dos as well. Anyone know a fix.

I'll explain a bit more. When the monitors are connected to the just VGA out they both display completely correctly but when either one of them uses the DVI-VGA adaptor on the DVI Output Connection that game with the ATI card they display in this werid kinda of purple colour that takes over the white in the display.

I have noticed in the diagram that the DVI-VGA out might only be made for anagloue flat panel monitors but I think it would be pretty stupid to stop people using dual CRT monitors.

The two monitors are Philps 107x2 Flat panel
The second is the SyncMaster 753DFX.

Any help would be fantastic.

I have an Nvidia card so i am unsure of this exactly, but you should have an adjustment somewhere in your settings for the card to adjust the individual colors(examples, lowering the amount of purple coming out of the DVI-VGA port)

Are there certain colors you just CANNOT see? Perhaps you can't see green.. Or maybe red? And then everything else is in purple tint?

You can find out by going to your monitor's onscreen display controls (most monitors have these) and then look at your color temperatures. There are usually red, blue and green bars or other colors that are displayed during this section of the OSD setup. If you cannot see one of these basic colors at all, then you probably have a physical problem with your setup (Bad connector, cable short, bad monitor etc...)

Almost every time I have seen a monitor with a green, blue, or magenta tint, it has been because of the cable. And about 90% of the time, it is a bent pin in the connector that is easily repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back