Dual monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your GPU have 2 outputs? For example, new graphics cards all have Dual DVI output. You just connect the monitors to the two outputs and set it up in your graphics settings (right click desktop->property->settings->advanced). I think if you don't have dual outputs for your GPU, you might need to actually have 2 GPUs, each outputting to one monitor.

ok thanks i think my GPU does have two out puts..but my next question is ... is it going to be the same screen on both monitors? or does it split up the picture? because my bro told me to get dual monitors for my new comp im building but i dont know what the point of it is?

It won't be the same screen on both monitors. For example, your desktop will be enlarged to a 2560x1024 resolution. However, since I've never actally done this before, I'm not too sure if you can, say, play games on one and surf TechSpot on the other. But it definitely won't be two mirror images on the monitors...that would be pretty dumb, lol

you can have the screens both displaying the same thing (cloned) or you can have it extend your desktop like iNoob says so for example both monitor settings are at 1280x1024, therefore side by side = 2560x1024; or verticaly =1280x2048 (total); or if you want you can make it reversed eg monitor 1 is 2 and 2 is 1.. its quite endless if you want to fiddle around in the display properties>settings (the two boxes in the grey area, just drag on them).

About the game thing, you could but you wont be able to run full screen and surf at the same time (although seeing if someone has msg'd you is pretty usefull), unless you plan to do a lot of alt+tabing, but that will minimise your game. But, if there is a setting in your game to run as window size or something it is possible, although some games will pause when your not on in the game, unless its multiplayer i think... Anyways. what i have tried to do is move my window of Counterstrike Condition Zero over to the 2nd monitor and for some reason it just starts to lag... i guess some things dont like being moved :p

N3051M said:
Anyways. what i have tried to do is move my window of Counterstrike Condition Zero over to the 2nd monitor and for some reason it just starts to lag... i guess some things dont like being moved :p
I don't know why this is, but my guess would be that the first monitor has a higher priority than the second one and thus when you try to run something as intense as a game on the second monitor, the GPU lags? maybe? Just a guess :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back