Dual screen with TV, can't get display on both screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tritton

I am unable to get a diplay on both my monitor and TV at the same time.
i have the 'NVIDIA nView destop manager' in the control panel and when i go to diplay > settings tab> advance tab> Gforce2 ultra tab

i am using a S-video cable to connect the 2

can any one help me

First you set your TV to the TV mode,then boot to Windows.
But i prefer 1 or the other as the TV adjustments are different.

yea i know that as i would be able to get a picture on in the first place
i can only get the picture on either the TV or the monitor i can get a 'clone' display

that didn't help me much
well one of my problems is that the TV when i change it to display on my computer is that is is rubish you can really see anything, what in turn makes it hard to change any settings furthermore that isn't helped by the location/placement of my TV and computer where i have to get up move across the room to see the TV then go back to the computer to move the mouse but i have to do it little by little to get it in the right place also my mouse doesn't work quiet right as well when display is on the TV i.e i move the mouse to the left it will move in the wrong dicrection
so if i am able to a display on both TV and monitor i will be able to change the settings so i'm able to see whats on my TV without runing back and forward with a lot of trile and error on the way

Lets get this straight

You can't have both.I have a PVR card to watch Cable TV on my monitor.
I don't have a TV though,so
Wich way are you going ?
PC to TV or
TV to PC ?
Naturally the locations come into play.You don't need both.
What settings are your TV ? Anything less than 1024 x 768 is a waste of time.
:confused:
Did you see my screenshot post ? Thats ATI's way.

Monitor to TV
and it wil have to check the res on the TV but it's 32"

Nvidia seem quiet a bit differant from ATI looking from the screen shot

Not that res

Monitor to TV
and it wil have to check the res on the TV but it's 32"

Nvidia seem quiet a bit differant from ATI looking from the screen shot
32 is the tube size.
I mean the view setting.EG: 800 horizontal x 600 vertical viewing.
But i really have no idea what your trying to accomplish.
Read your Manuals for these answers of connecting .

I don't know for sure that you can do that using S-Video. You may be forced to have it cloned.

But, if you can do it, the key words you are looking for are "extend my desktop to this monitor".

I'd say get the latest drivers, but with a card that old I don't know of the latest nvidia drivers even will install. If you are using the default drivers and have never installed any updated ones, then I would go over to www.guru3d.com and look at nvidia drivers and get an Official between 27.11 and something below 80. There really is no sense using anything above about the 30s for a GF2 card, but it won't really hurt to go up to the 70s. Anything above that and you are likely just wasting space and time.

Ok.

But you still left a lot of questions unanswered. So in light of that:
II'd say get the latest drivers, but with a card that old I don't know of the latest nvidia drivers even will install. If you are using the default drivers and have never installed any updated ones, then I would go over to www.guru3d.com and look at nvidia drivers and get an Official between 27.11 and something below 80. There really is no sense using anything above about the 30s for a GF2 card, but it won't really hurt to go up to the 70s. Anything above that and you are likely just wasting space and time.

So where is it ?

qadwttdxn0 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Dual screen with TV, can't get display on both screens - in the Audio and Video forum of TechSpot OpenBoards.From my email.
:(
==============================
Just noticed : Video,will update soon.
I think now is the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back