DVD drive not working

hi, i am using hcl notebook, my dvd drive is not working for the past 2 days, i am using windows 7 operating system, when i click on the dvd drive icon, everytime its eject the cd and i got msg insert the cd, plz give me a solution

One easy idea you could try, is go into 'Control panel', 'Hardware and sound', 'Device manager'. Then find your DVD drive in the list, right click on it, choose the option, 'uninstall'. Then reboot your PC, the system will find the DVD drive and install it again. This may be enough to fix your problem.

Another thing to try would be to find the model of your DVD drive, go to the manufacturer's website and download a Firmware update for this drive. You can probably find the firmware update on the manufacturer of the Laptop's website as well.

You say it asks for you to insert a disc, I assume you are just trying to Burn with this? It should not just ask for a DVD if there is nothing trying to be done... Even trying to load a software CD it should just loop or not load, not ask for a CD since it's never been given a command..

I still suggest trying to download a Firmware update as this solves a lot of problems.

Back