DVD not recognized after Windows 10 upgrade

dennis pengelly

Hi

My DVD drive is no longer recognized after an automatic Windows 10 upgrade which I didn't really want in the first place. The previous version was windows 7. I have an Acer Aspire AX3950-UR30P desktop. Everything else seems to work OK after the upgrade. I tried the troubleshooting link under device manager and some of the suggestions given on line by trying to force it to recognize the drive by changing some things in the registry file. Nothing worked for me. Please help. Thank you, Dennis.

Ahh ok, that's a different problem. It's been ages since I've needed to manually install DVD drive drivers. Unless there is a firmware update for your drive, I don't have any suggestions. That is outside of buying another drive.

Unless you can swap over the drive and prove that it works in another system just buy another DVD drive. I rarely use them nowadays but even so I've had them fail. They are cheap and usually easy to replace. I'd be amazed if it required you to install any drivers. That's life I'm afraid. I've replaced a graphics card since moving to Windows 10. It worked but there was obviously some small compatibility issue that I couldn't fix.

Back