DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisMcNic2!

I have 2 problems, mine is recovering data from a DVD-R & a friend is looking for my help in recovering data from a "corrupted" Flash Drive.

I was burning data on a DVD-R multiple sessions disk when my Burner crapped out while using Nero. I now have a new Burner & when I go back into this disk I can only read data from my 1st session when I compare the #s from Nero's disk info tool, however it also shows that session 5 is still open?? but I cannot read anything from sessions 2, 3 & 4. Looking around I spotted CD Recovery Tool Box Free 1.1.7 is there anything more recent and or better that would let me try to recover the data on this disk. The data in session 5 is still on my HD but I would like to be able to recover the data in the other sessions, worst possible case even just the file names would be a small plus.

Now for the Flash Drive. It is a Lexar 8 Gig & what supposedly happened is that Peter lent it to a fellow employee so he could extract some data (probably a mistake). When he got it back a few minutes later & tried to use it all he got was a message that it was corrupted. As it has all of his product codes, phone numbers & personal sales data for the last year he is really desperate to try & recover the data. He does not have a computer of his own, so he has no backup (another bad idea). He has gotten a new Flash Drive a Sony 8 Gig, but I have told him that he better go out & get a 2nd one to use as a backup. As I know basically nothing about Flash Drives, is there a program out there that maybe can recover his data.

Any and all help along with a few words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh! yes I have 2 computers one running on Windows 98 (so I can run my old DOS programs & HD, so I guess that dates me) & the other on XP Pro, which from what I have read may be an advantage in recovery.

Happy Skies;

Chris :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back