Dying Light 2 sold 5 million copies in less than a month after launch

midian182

Staff member
In brief: While Dying Light 2 Stay Human might not have warranted its time as the number one most-wishlisted game on Steam prior to release, it still managed to grab plenty of sales. According to developer Techland, five million copies were sold in less than a month after launch, and those numbers keep on growing. The original title, meanwhile, has now surpassed 20 million lifetime sales.

While there was a lot of hype around Dying Light 2, it still had to contend with the fact that it would be launching three weeks before Elden Ring, meaning plenty of people opted to save their money for one of the most anticipated games of all time.

Dying Light 2 arrived to mostly positive reviews from critics and buyers, but it certainly wasn't universally loved, especially with its slew of bugs. This writer enjoyed the majority of their playthrough, though it can get pretty grindy. Still, Techland has revealed that as of February 28 (it launched on February 4), five million people had bought the parkour-meets-zombies title.

For those who have completed Dying Light 2 and played through much of what it offers, Techland says there will be new content and some "highly requested features" arriving this week. The developer has promised to support the game for a full five years with free and paid-for DLC consisting of new stories, weapons, enemies, events, and more. The first story DLC is set to drop in June and will take place before the game's ending.

Permalink to story.

Dying Light 1 was really good, I can't believe the amount of free content they put out for it, and I've heard the 2nd one is just more of the same.
I have only just finished Horizon Forbidden West, and plan on getting Dying Light 2 after payday.

Nope...The first game gave me terrible motion sickness, Which I'm really susceptible to, unfortunately.

I still can't get used to the jumping in DL2 - you jump and at the top of your jump you just kind of hang for a moment and then you float down. It doesn't look or feel natural and I'm constantly second guessing if I'll land on the platform I'm aiming for.

I can't get past the low gravity (even if the devs say it's "like Earth") feel of the "improved" parkour and I miss the feel of combat with zombies on DL1.

I miss the ability to climb on a whim from DL1, now you're severely restricted with the stamina bar when climbing in DL2.

I'm just happy I didn't pay for the game because it feels like such step back backwards in every every way. My younger brother gifted me a copy a couple weeks ago and we haven't even been able to play it coop with the constant disconnects and desync issues since Techland hasn't fixed them yet for coop.

I honestly wish my brother didn't get us the game. We have too many hours (about 4) for refunding the game on Steam, plus past the 2 week time, so now we're stuck with a game that's worse (to me) in every way over DL1.

It'll probably be 6-18 months before coop is fixed and game breaking bugs are hammered out and I don't have any hopes that DL2 will ever have that satisfying feeling in combat and removal of floating to be more comparable to DL1. I guess I just wait and see if I'm proven wrong.

I still can't get used to the jumping in DL2 - you jump and at the top of your jump you just kind of hang for a moment and then you float down. It doesn't look or feel natural and I'm constantly second guessing if I'll land on the platform I'm aiming for.

I can't get past the low gravity (even if the devs say it's "like Earth") feel of the "improved" parkour and I miss the feel of combat with zombies on DL1.

I miss the ability to climb on a whim from DL1, now you're severely restricted with the stamina bar when climbing in DL2.

I'm just happy I didn't pay for the game because it feels like such step back backwards in every every way. My younger brother gifted me a copy a couple weeks ago and we haven't even been able to play it coop with the constant disconnects and desync issues since Techland hasn't fixed them yet for coop.

I honestly wish my brother didn't get us the game. We have too many hours (about 4) for refunding the game on Steam, plus past the 2 week time, so now we're stuck with a game that's worse (to me) in every way over DL1.

It'll probably be 6-18 months before coop is fixed and game breaking bugs are hammered out and I don't have any hopes that DL2 will ever have that satisfying feeling in combat and removal of floating to be more comparable to DL1. I guess I just wait and see if I'm proven wrong.
The whole earth gravity comment they made was dumb. You're right it's not like earth at all. Don't know why they tried to say that. Just to make people think it was okay I guess. I loved DL1. Haven't touched DL2.

The first was truly awesome and those intense night missions gave people nightmares!!

We'll see how this one compares.

Back