E-machine power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI,
I have an E-machine i turned it off normal way from start menu, but when i want turn it on there is no electricity, the power supply does not work anymore.i want replace it so am asking if any power supply will work? caus i tried 2 of my old pc but none worked.here is my pc informations.
E-Machine : MODEL:W4682.
Power supply :Model : ATX-250E-12V.REV:p7
Input :100-127V-6A. 200-240V-3A.60/50 Hz.
Output:+12V
250W Max.
so i want to ask what power supply will work for me so i can buy it ? and if the motherboard is still working ? how can i check it ?
Any advise would be appreciated.Thank you.

"so i want to ask what power supply will work for me so i can buy it ? and if the motherboard is still working ? how can i check it?"...

This is always a tough question dealing with eMachines computers. Power supplies are cheaper and easier to replace than motherboards. So replacing the power supply with a quailty 350 to 450 watt ATX power supply will be the first thing to try

Here's an example of a simple good supply for your eMachines:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371023

Hopefully the motherboard is ok

Older eMachines usually have problems with motherboards failing, which usually also takes out the PSU at the same time. If your PSU does not do the trick, try to find out if it's the motherboard that's kicked the bucket.

The older eMachines Bestec and HiPro power supplies didn't have very good overvoltage or overcurrent protection. The simple Antec supply that I linked to, should be able to withstand any motherboard backlash, and it may allow aborman to see smoke or sparks from the motherboard or from a modem or other installed PCI card

Thank you for clarify, i`ll now change the power supply first and then see if it`ll work , if not that means it is the motherboad is died too. Thanks i`ll let you know the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back