EA brings over 25 games to Steam including C&C Remastered, Dragon Age Inquisition, NFS...

Humza

Staff member
In brief: In what the publisher calls the first wave of games coming to Steam, EA has brought 25+ titles to Valve's storefront, where its EA Access subscription service will also be made available to players later this summer.

We knew the games were coming after EA resurrected its partnership with Valve in October last year. Respawn's Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order was the first to arrive on Steam, marking the end of EA's 8-year absence on the platform.

The announcement was in line with the publisher's decision of adopting a more open approach to distributing games on PC and the recent addition of 25+ titles on Steam, previously exclusive to Origin, is a major step towards that goal.

EA's new catalog on Steam includes Bioware's Dragon Age series, several Need for Speed games, Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, the Crysis trilogy, and indies like the charming platformer Unravel 1 and 2. There's also the highly-anticipated Command & Conquer Remastered Collection that's launching today.

Heavy-hitters like FIFA, Apex Legends, Battlefield, and Sims 4 are still absent but that could soon change given that it's EA's first wave of games to arrive on Valve's platform. The publisher plans to launch upcoming titles on both Origin and Steam simultaneously, meaning good news for Steam users waiting for Crysis remastered, though they'll likely be unable to play it without EA's launcher.

The publisher is also bringing EA Access to Valve later this summer. The subscription service, currently available on consoles, will be giving PC gamers a 'red-carpet treatment' with exclusive catalog-wide discounts, early trials, and in-game benefits. It remains to be seen how EA differentiates it from Origin Access/Access Premier that's currently available on PC.

The company is digitally hosting its Play Live event on June 11, where it'll showcase new games and reveal more information about titles headed to Steam.

Permalink to story.

At quick glance, it looks like at least 3 out of 4 games on the Steam list are available through the EA Vault. $30 for a year and most of these games are yours to play, including the NFS and all 4 Mass Effect games.

Who cares if it's on Steam, you still wont be able to play any of the games without Origin. So none of this matters. Why people think buying on Steam is going to help them in some way is beyond me. It wont be changing a thing.
The days of Steam being the one be all platform is long over. People just have to accept it and move on. Every major Publisher has their own platform they want to use now.

I know I'm going to regret this, but what's wrong with Origin?
Hmmm, like about everything.

1. Every new install generates same log-in problem since W10 was still in alpha stage. Using same work-around.

2. Almost every upgrade screws something over with the Origin itself.

3. It's extremely clunky.

4. Often Origin cache has to be cleared because whole program becomes simply unworkable - games work when you click a shortcut on desktop or start menu, but origin itself displays just messed-up window.

5. Origin doesn't support use of VPN, so you're on your own.

6. Login system is so often down it's not even funny.

7. I've dealt with numerous problems after upgrade where Origin basically reset everything to default and screw modded games by auto-reinstalling vanilla versions. Anyone who plays ME Trilogy knows how O upgrade can screw an user which using mods.

8. You can't delete games from Library. EA still cannot grasp the concept that Hiding is not the same as Deleting. They can't also grasp that user want to delete something. It is probably most requested feature for past decade and EA gives fat corporate middle finger to this day.

9. Ghosting. Look I'm not a fan of Steam either, especially since that last redesign which is just daft, but at least it works. I have never experienced Steam crash or working in ghost mode - everybody knows that Origin often starts, nothing happens and you have to kill process by hand few times or restart PC before it start working normally again.

10. I have ME2 on Steam, bought long ago. But I cannot use it. If Origin detects ME2 installed from Steam it AUTO-overwrites it's origin version ruining everything (yes I was stupid enough to get ME2 for free on O one time). And this problem exists since the beginning of Steam/EA split. EA tossers never bothered to fix this problem.

If not for ME3 I would never use this dog-poo-ware.

Hmmm, like about everything.

1. Every new install generates same log-in problem since W10 was still in alpha stage. Using same work-around.

2. Almost every upgrade screws something over with the Origin itself.

3. It's extremely clunky.

4. Often Origin cache has to be cleared because whole program becomes simply unworkable - games work when you click a shortcut on desktop or start menu, but origin itself displays just messed-up window.

5. Origin doesn't support use of VPN, so you're on your own.

6. Login system is so often down it's not even funny.

7. I've dealt with numerous problems after upgrade where Origin basically reset everything to default and screw modded games by auto-reinstalling vanilla versions. Anyone who plays ME Trilogy knows how O upgrade can screw an user which using mods.

8. You can't delete games from Library. EA still cannot grasp the concept that Hiding is not the same as Deleting. They can't also grasp that user want to delete something. It is probably most requested feature for past decade and EA gives fat corporate middle finger to this day.

9. Ghosting. Look I'm not a fan of Steam either, especially since that last redesign which is just daft, but at least it works. I have never experienced Steam crash or working in ghost mode - everybody knows that Origin often starts, nothing happens and you have to kill process by hand few times or restart PC before it start working normally again.

10. I have ME2 on Steam, bought long ago. But I cannot use it. If Origin detects ME2 installed from Steam it AUTO-overwrites it's origin version ruining everything (yes I was stupid enough to get ME2 for free on O one time). And this problem exists since the beginning of Steam/EA split. EA tossers never bothered to fix this problem.

If not for ME3 I would never use this dog-poo-ware.
Sounds like a you/computer problem.I havent had any issues like that. Occasional outages but nothing crazy.
I havent had a crash or freeze cause of Origin. My Origin loads normally all the time with no issues.
I dont have to login all the time. I hardly ever have to. I dont clear the Origin cache, never have. Those who do alrdy have a sign of a issue that is likely caused by other software thats installed on your computer.
As for vpns, then dont use them. Vpns can cause issues of their own with some games. If you need one thats a you problem not Origin.
I dont know about Origin being clunky, works fine here. Runs smooth as far as I can tell.

To me its either your computer cant handle Origin or you just have other programs running while gaming which has been said for years that you shouldnt. If for some reason you need a program running then configure it correctly and close/minimize the program.

To me, me nothing. I havent had any issues with it. Even when it was called EA downloaded and EA Link.

You know I think I misread the point of your post. Sorry.

And like you, since 2012 I have never had any problems with Origin. There seems to be a lot of complaining about it but everyone seems to have their own complaints that nobody else seems to have. I'm thinking its a "something to whine about" thing.

You know I think I misread the point of your post. Sorry.

And like you, since 2012 I have never had any problems with Origin. There seems to be a lot of complaining about it but everyone seems to have their own complaints that nobody else seems to have. I'm thinking its a "something to whine about" thing.
Its ok I am not great at articulating a point. My bad.

I know I'm going to regret this, but what's wrong with Origin?
Short of calling they have absolutely no interest in helping with a compromised account. To be honest I doubt they care at all. There is absolutely nothing I can say on the phone that can't be done in other ways. Their system is vulnerable and I'm not wasting my time helping them fix their screw up.

Short of calling they have absolutely no interest in helping with a compromised account. To be honest I doubt they care at all. There is absolutely nothing I can say on the phone that can't be done in other ways. Their system is vulnerable and I'm not wasting my time helping them fix their screw up.
That actually did happen to me 5 or 6 years ago. I tried to sign in and it kept telling me my sign-in creds were wrong. I tried to change the password and it told me my email was wrong. I did call them and they fixed it and even gave me a free game but from then on I became a big fan of 2 step verification.

I bought Command and Conquer: Remastered on Steam and it doesn't need to load Origin to run.

Back