EA launches "Gun Club" for shooter fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

During its E3 media briefing today, EA opened a new "Gun Club" for fans of shooter games. On the service's official website, EA says the Gun Club is a way of thanking its loyal shooter community by rewarding them for "doing what they love best" – purchasing EA shooters. Members of the Gun Club will be privileged with in-game content, early access to beta programs and demos, as well as exclusive access to events, information and development teams.

Read the whole story

Matthew

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was up for a bit there, I was on the front page and poking around the site. In fact, that's where I got the image in the post (screenshot of the site's logo). I assume it's just down temporarily due to excessive load.

G

"thanking the fans for what they love best: purchasing EA shooters"

I wish they rewarded us by not releasing betas (like BAD COMPANY 2) anymore. But hey..

Richy2k9

hello ...

nice from EA, too bad i'm not into shooters & to guest if Bad Company 2 is just a beta, how do you consider others !?

cheers!

Docnoq

I own BC2 and just signed up for the Gun Club, but apparently you have to pre-order MoH in addition to owning BC2 just to receive beta access to MoH. That is kind of silly. Personally, I use betas as a way to see if an upcoming game is worth purchasing to begin with. Sorry EA, but I have learned better than to pre-order games that I have not gotten to try; especially if they are made by DICE. After seeing the shoddy support with BC2 and how incompetent DICE employees are at writing net code, I'll pass on pre-ordering.

Fix the hit registration and the knife in BC2 and I *might* consider giving another DICE game a shot. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.