Easy Video Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

trackboi

Hey Guys,
About 2 months ago I re-formatted my sisters computer deleting everything, only to realise I'd have to install every driver again (I know..).

Just about the only driver I need is the graphics card driver, what an easy task. If i knew what the graphics card was, you see the problem is the system is acting asif the graphics card isn't even there so it doesn't show the name in any system diagnosis'.

Just an example

So my real question is; What is my graphics card version?
ie (Nvidia Gefore etc etc..)

WE need to know what kind of computer it is, first off. Giving us no information, unless you want to find out where you live and break into your house, is not going to help us at all. (That WAS a joke, by the way, so don't take it seriously)

What is the model? (E520, etc.)

mopar man WE need to know what kind of computer it is, first off. Giving us no information, unless you want to find out where you live and break into your house, is not going to help us at all. (That WAS a joke, by the way, so don't take it seriously)

What is the model? (E520, etc.)

Sorry mate...
Youve got the magic touch anyway, its an E520 Dell..

Siw.........

This program "System Information for Windows" is available here at Techspot: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/155-siw-system-info.html I will tell you as much as any other system identification utility, maybe more.

CPU-Z lists your chipset as "Intel, P965/G965 in a stock Dell it's reasonably likely that your graphics are onboard, so the driver is probably Intel.

I had this written before kimsland posted, so why waste it. Besides, SIW is a neat program to have around anyway, it just doesn't seem fashionable with young people.

I had this written before kimsland posted
I accept that. Not that you need my acceptance !
But I agree that it's a useful tool for finding computer hardware info.

Glad it's resolved :) ( :) )

GPU-Z 0.2.4 will tell you if you have onboard graphics or a video card installed and it will give the specs for either of them. Highly recommended free app, Google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back