Ebay down again!

T-Shirt

I wonder if all these Ebay outages, have anything to do with the (somewhat) tougher rules on Scammers? (If you can't trick'em, hack'em)

EBay has three outages in three days
by Julio @ 2:49 PM[Comments] http://www.3dspotlight.com/
(thanks Neowin) Online auction giant eBay has experienced three outages of varying severity since Sunday, a spokesman for the San Jose-based company said.
Yesterday, almost all of the users of the bidding site were shut out of auctions and most other pages for about an hour, eBay spokesman Kevin Pursglove said. This followed a 12-hour outage on Sunday that shut down the site's apparel, watches, jewelry and gems pages.

Sellers who were affected by the outages have the option of either extending their auctions or receiving a credit from eBay, the spokesman said. The company won't know how many users opted for a credit until the end of the month, but Pursglove said it won't have an effect on the company's bottom line.

Pursglove said that the company is still investigating the details of the two smaller outages but that the larger outage was caused by a corruption of data files. The corrupted files began to replicate and quickly spread across the system, eventually shutting down the apparel, watches, jewelry and gems pages. No other details were available, he said.

Didn't something like this happend to Amazon, and a few other major sites last year? Causing them to shut down for a while, and they lost quite a bit of money if I'm not mistaken. I don't understand why people would do this. It just doesn't make sense to me. But then again, there is a lot of things that go on that don't make sense to me, so....

yeah, i remember that. I'm pretty sure that they were 'severely' hacked (as if there are different levels of severity) and basically amazon got caught with their pants down. I guess their network administrator or whoever made the firewalls and maintained the servers got a lil crap for that stunt. lol

Back