Emachine Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just give a Emachine T2200. The previous owner replaced the power supply and it still will not boot up. I am assuming after reading on here that it is the motherboard. But I can not find any mention of an aftermarket model # for a replacement for the emachine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Tmagic650 said:
KingCody,
The motherboard represented in the thread you gave is discontinued
I liked to that thread because it provided all the information needed to find a replacement mobo for that computer.

almost ALL socket-A motherboards have been discontinued... some stores still have leftover stock but motherboard manufacturers stopped making them years ago.

Good evening. The poster should go to E-Bay to find a board for this model E machines. I just fixed 2 of these in the last 2 weeks.Both of them had the same problems; power supply and motherboard. There is an Asrock K7S41-GX that I used to repair these socket A E-machines. The only problem that I had with the motherboard was that it did not come with an I/O shield and all drivers had to be downloaded from the Asrock site. I also had to flash the bios as the revision that it came with caused some video problems. Also ; I forgot to mention that the usb case header would not reach the motherboard usb header so I had to make an extension to get the front usb ports to work and the board did not have a firewire connector.The customer did not care about this.If for some reason, this is technically challenging for the poster; the same ecs board is also listed on E-bay. The advantage to this is the poster can be up and running in no time flat without having to deal with other issues.

Many of the motherboards on E-Bay are DOA, especially when it comes to the crappy eMachines boards. Having to replace a power supply and motherboard at the same time, is common place with eMachines. Downloading drivers from the motherboard manufacturers is always recommended over using drivers on old supplied CD's

I guess I would consider myself lucky. Doing anything with a socket A motherboard these days is a crapshoot. With the price that I paid for the board; I had nothing to lose. Either do that or replace the motherboard and cpu at a higher cost to the customer. In most cases that I have seen only 1 out of 5 will survive a blown or marginal power supply.

I will totally upgrade an eMachines computer so that the only original part is the case. The power supply at least 350 watts, modern current motherboard, CPU and memory. Usually a bigger hard drive is called for too, and maybe a CD/DVD Burner

That's the way to go if you can get the customer to see the point and agree to it. The last one I had in a couple of days ago had 2 cd drives and a amd xp 2200. It was using the same old bestec power supply and had no exhaust fan in the back; all in that crappy little case and the customer wondered why it failed. They were extremely lucky it lasted as long as it did.When a customer brings an E-machine in and it won't power up; I tell them in most cases be prepared to spend at least 225.00 to repair it.

sorry i have a emachine t2200 with a new poer supply only 250watt tho.
this is my thread i guess i posted in the wrong place? ww.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=674963#post674963

thanx!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back