EMachine T3612 froze, now fails to boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My eMachine froze today on the screen saver, tried to Alt Ctrl Del to restart, but nothing would happen. I ended up hard crashing the computer by unplugging it, waited about a minute, then plugged it back in. Tried to start it back up, but the monitor just remains blank. Not only that, the power button on the front of the tower usually lights up when you turn it on, it does not anymore. The computer itself sounds like it's turning on (IE fans run, the MoBo light comes on, etc). The one thing, is that the fans continue to run at 100% now. Basically the only time the fans would run that much is when it was loading a program, or doing something, they would quiet down once it would be stationary. Now they just run that loud indefinitely. As I said though, the monitor just stays blank, nothing comes across it at all, neither does the light on the front of the tower.

I'm really not sure what I did to the comp, so any help would be appreciated!

I think "the light on the front of the tower" is referring to the HardDrive access light (not the power led) Although I could be wrong

Anyway try this:

Remove all power (power cord out basically)
Hold in the ON button for 30 secs (dispersing all internal power)
Put the power cord back in
Turn on (I ope)

Thanks for the reply. I just tried what you suggested, still nothing when I try to start up. There are no beeps that usually accompany the start up of the computer, just the fans turning on.

Now, I've been trying to look into this problem as much as I can online. From what I've gathered from others, eMachines have a history of having bad PSUs. The light on the MoBo comes on as green, which I thought meant that the PSU was fine. Alot of people have reported their computer going out during a lightning storm, only to find out that their motherboard was fried. Now whether I recreated this scenario by unplugging the computer without properly crashing it, I'm not sure. Is there any way I can find out if my motherboard/cpu/anything else is fried besides bringing it to the shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back