Email bombardment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie06

Hello all...
Every day I recieve up to 10 emails in my yahoo mailbox from people who I dont know. I dont mean people advertising and stuff, but these people give their full names, and the topics...although seemingly unrelated I feel they are all in some way connected because they are all as baffling as each other. I do not open these emails, when i right click on them to delete them it says images contained in the messages are blocked. I just keep deleting them. I regularly run ad-aware, spybot S&D and AVG and my system appears clean, I'm not sure why and where these emails are coming from but I dont like them.
Any suggestions??

It sounds like your email address has been harvested.

I suggest you create a new email account and be careful who you give your email address to.

Having said that, I`d like to check that your system isn`t infected withsomething nasty.

Go and Read this thread HERE. Post a HJT log as an attachment and I`ll advise.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Charlie06 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ok thanks for that. I'll have a good read throught that link and as soon as i've got my head around what i'm doing i'll post the log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back