Enable comments for all homepage items?

brucek

I notice some of the topics that appear in the general home page feed don't have comments enabled. Take for example today's software download of the week.

1659050376915.png

I would have liked to comment on this but there's no comments link.

I agree. I just downloaded a file they have a headline about and Bitdefender says its infected. I would like to report this to the site.

I notice some of the topics that appear in the general home page feed don't have comments enabled. Take for example today's software download of the week.

View attachment 88399

I would have liked to comment on this but there's no comments link.

Hey, thanks for the feedback.

That's what we call a "downloads plug," it's not a news story but we plug some of the other content updates on the site on the homepage. In this case it's a new version of a software app we like, other times it can be tech deals, new product launches (Product Finder section), trivia, etc. None of those have a comment system, that's why it's presented like that, but of course there is more to see/do upon clicking, just not a news story with comments below it.

I agree. I just downloaded a file they have a headline about and Bitdefender says its infected. I would like to report this to the site.

That's something else entirely :skull:. We scan everything before listing it on TechSpot, so I must assume it's a false positive. However I'd still like to know what's the download that was flagged as infected?

Apparently the new Winamp has a bunch of false positives... but we've still contacted the developer to make sure everything checks out. We have scanned with Virustotal and also installed it on a system.

Back