Enable sli memory crashes my windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rab2140

Hi all i recently upgraded my pc to an intel quad q6600, asus striker 2 formula 780i mobo and 2gb corsair dominator ram. Now i have read and i found that this is sli ready ram and and POST my mobo says sli ready memory detected but disabled.

So i went into the bios (which i have updated to the latest version of 1101) and went to extreme tweaker tab and went to sli memory and i have a drop down menu that gives me all these overclock percentages for example cpuoc 5% i done some reseach and the way to enable sli ram is i chose the cpuoc 0% option this makes the ram automatically overclock.

But no matter what option i choose the comp gets past post and tries to boot windows and it says something like widows has failed to start "a recent hardware change might be the cause".

So i tried load default settings in bios so i could boot into windows and i did and then my internet would not work!!. But thanks to asus they have a clear CMOS button on the back of the board so i am up and running again.

This has got me baffled no doubt it is something to do with the bios. Any help would be greatly apreciated. ty:)

"SLI Ready" doesn't necessairly mean good for SLI... Are you trying to boot from a hard drive that has an "old" copy of XP from your old system on it. If so, you will have to install XP fresh and clean for the new set up

No just yesturday i done a fresh install of windows vista ultimate. I wiped my hard drive before i tried it. why do you think it is crashing? you see i would not mind and i would just leave it but this ram is only scoring a 4.9 on windows . where is my last generic ram scored a 5.9. It baffles me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back