Enabling a integrated video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mog

I put in an agp video card into my computer and it automatically disabled the video card integrated into my motherboard.

i wanted to use the integrated video card for a second moniter, is there any way to manually enable it.

It would be a great help if someone could tell me how.

But it needs to have two video output connectors. Most modern VGA's come with a normal VGA output, and a DVI output, which can be converted to normal VGA signal using a DVI to VGA converter.

i'm a little confused, so it is not possible to enable the integrated video card, unless i get a DVI to VGA converter. is this correct?

I think that there's no way to enable your onboard VGA, if you have another video card.

But with your current, non-integrated card, you can display an image to two monitors, of course, if your card has two video outputs (normally, 1 blue, and 1 white, or 2 white ones).

For example, you have a card with 1 blue "Dsub", and 1 white "DVI" connectors. Your normal CRT connects to the Dsub connector, and the second monitor, connects to the DVI connector, using a DVI to VGA converter :)

Thanks for the information, it seems like its better off buying another video card for the second monitor.

If it is possible to enable your onboard graphics to reverse the automatic disabling, you will have to try to do so in your BIOS. With at least some motherboards with onboard graphics, I understand you can run both but I don't know if that applies to motherboards that automatically disable onboard. If the option is not greyed out in the BIOS, you can try it and see.

My video card is a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200. i dont know where to find the bios, could someone explain how to me.

It depends on your motherboard. It may be accesed by pressing the delete key, escape key, or F1 key while your system is booting (during the POST usually).

Can you give us your motherboard model and make, so we can help you better?

my motherboard is a AMD Sempron(tm) 3000+ 2.00 GHz, i think this is what your asking for.

I ran Everest and my motherboard is Asus A7V8X-LA (Kelut) (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN, IEEE-1394). i also filled out my computer in my profile

hi mog,

you don't need two video cards to run dual monitors. most video cards, including the 5200 series have at least two video outputs.

your card probably looks like this:
P450-8599-out2-hl.jpg

if it does, then you can run dual monitors with just that 1 video card. all you will need is a DVI-VGA adapter like this:
C250-2316.jpg
(your card may have come with one already)

If it has two blue VGA connectors, then you don't need any adapters, just plug them both in

oh and I almost forgot... Welcome to TechSpot :)

you are correct about how my video card looks like. unfortunely my video card did not come with a DVI-VGA adapter. but it seems like it is pretty cheap to buy.

And as a last thing i'd like to thank all who helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back