ENV dropped in tea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

This isn't about computers..but I thought I'd ask anyways.

My friends dad dropped his ENV (1) in tea and hasn't used it..and that was about 2 months ago. Obviously the phone won't turn on, so I thought I'd ask what to do, since I asked if I could have it.

Should I put it in a bag of rice over night? Or try a new battery?

Well I mean, he dropped it in the tea about a month or two ago. So it IS dry, but maybe the insides have sugar/salt or something in it. I just now filled a bowl with rubbing alcohol and put the phone inside it. Thought I'd let it soak in it over night, then blow dry it tomorrow.

thats a decent step. I maybe wouldn't have gone that drastic quite yet, distilled (better yet deionized, but distilled will work in a pinch) water would have been my first try.

I once spilled beer on an $80 wireless keyboard, I soaked it in distilled water and washed it out a lot, then let it dry for a day or 2. Worked fine since.

Just make sure you get it all dry before you try to use it again. Alcohol will dry much faster than water, so at least you have that going for you.

Depends a lot on whether it was on, receiving or sending, at the time it was dropped in the tea... if on or in use, it is probably not repairable...
But if a Verizon or some other connections, you can sometimes get it replaced cheaply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back