EpsonNet print from webpage Printer Confusion

I need help to print to Epson Network Printer on click of a button but I am confused about what do I need to do on the webpage side?

I have these key questions, if you can provide help I will appreciate that:

a. If we want to print a page on click of a button on a webpage "to which URL we need to send the data to print on the printer" Or if we do not need to send the information to any URL then what do we need to do on button click?
b. What will be the format of data that needs to be sent to the printer or if there is no specific format can we send direct HTML to it that is contained inside the webpage?
c. Are you aware of a Wordpress plugin that makes it easy to print to the printer or we need to install Epson SDK and write PHP code for it? If we need to install Epson SDK, do you know of the steps to install it inside Wordpress?

Thanks
Webner

What's so wrong about using the browser File : Print? It 'does the right thing' per the user's defaults.
If you must, create a BUTTON with
Code:
    onclick="window.print();return false;" />

That has TWO major issues:
  • joe doe user can't collect the printed output, so that as very limited application to an in-house staff
  • the user's browser is local to his machine and that's where the default printer would be ... local to the user
So you need to develop your own means to
  1. capture the browser rendering of the current page to a buffer or tempfile.
  2. then send that to the webserver with a new CGI POST request which can then use the
  • onclick="window.print();
to deliver local to the webserver.

MOST bizarre requirement I've ever seen

Back