Error; Archive is password protected

learninmypc

AFTER I updated my Avast program, I did a FULL scan & once it was finished (2hrs & 58 minutes later) I got this
ErrorArchive-1.jpg

My question is WHAT password??
I know when I right click the notification area icon & left click on Open Avast Interface & left click settings at the top, I have to enter a password there but that has no effect on it.
Should I do a total uninstall/reinstall or leave it alone?
My scans come up clean, it just has me kinda confused. :) TIA

last I saw, PNG files (ie pictures) are not pwd protected, so I rather think the DIR or the file have Admin ownership, User R/O

right-click on one-> properties and report to us the Security settings

last I saw, PNG files (ie pictures) are not pwd protected, so I rather think the DIR or the file have Admin ownership, User R/O

right-click on one-> properties and report to us the Security settings

Right clicking on them just brings up the path to it,NO properties.
I'll "TRY" to follow the path it shows

You can usually just ignore those messages from Avast as perhaps it is looking at some other (antispy?) scanner's database or some proprietary software you have installed that organizes itself that way. Vendors password protect their databases which have virus signatures in them so other anti malware software doesn't flag them as viruses and delete them.

You can usually just ignore those messages from Avast as perhaps it is looking at some other (antispy?) scanner's database or some proprietary software you have installed that organizes itself that way. Vendors password protect their databases which have virus signatures in them so other anti malware software doesn't flag them as viruses and delete them.

Ok, sounds good to me. I was about to do an uninstall/reinstall. Thanks.:)

Back