Error in Visual Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopu

Hi everyone,

Sorry, had been quite busy these days. I am facing a problem working with visual studio 2005. When i am working on a website switching to the design view is showing some error. It says unhandled exception visual studio is closing and some error named in "devenv.exe." I don't know what is the cause. But it happens only when i switch the code file to design view otherwise no issues.

Please can anyone tell me how to overcome it?

Thanks,

Gopu

found the solution it seems...

Hi everyone,

After a lot of experiments it seems that I finally found why that critical error was showing when I was switching an HTML code to it's design view when working in visual studio 2005.....

Actually i had assigned the background image a z-index which was -1 in the style sheet to make a calendar inside the page visible on top of the content, because it was getting eclipsed by the body when the z-index of the image was initially set to 0.

Indexing an element to -1 is not supported by the visual studio particularly ...but when the page gets on the browser it works well....only thing is that the designing platform (visual studio) does not support it.

When i changed the Z-index of that image back to 0 it worked without any error....

Hope this information would help someone who is in the same trouble.

See you,

Gopu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back