Error message:Fatal System Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
After solving "ntldr is missing" problem,I boot the computer.THen computer ask me to choose the operating system to start.Its screen displays following message:

select the operating system to start:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Windows
Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice

If I choose Microsoft Windows XP Professional,error mesages will appear as below:
STOP :c000021a{Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Initialization System process terminated
unexpectedwith a status of 0xc0000034(0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shut down.

But if I choose Microsoft Windows,there will be message stating "Microsoft Windows I\O Error accessing boot sector file multi(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\BBTSECT.DOS".

What should I do to solve this fatal system problem? Does fixing "ntldr is missing" problem cause this fatal system error?
Thanks in advance

sub-forum: guides & solved issues

The above forum has information on how to use Recovery Console & Windows XP CD to restore the OS. Caution, I recommend full backup to a 2nd disk. Caution, don't enter 'r' to the first decision point. Caution: next decision made should not reformat the partition. If you have the ability to clone the hard drive, then you have a spare should recovery be re-done.

Other posts recommend configuring computer to a minimum: the boot hard drive, cdrom, and 1 memory module (256MB is the minimum for XP). This is an easier first step before reloading anything.

Caution: oem restore bombs you back to out-of-the-box conditions. All data & applications are overwritten. This is different from above restore.

You did not indicate what significant changes occurred preceding the problem. Is the hard drive entering old age? Was the disk re-partitioned? Were applications closing/freezing in the days leading up to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back