Error message "the handle is invalid"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having some technical issues with installing Ninco Trackmap Plus (a slotcar program). Both Microsoft Windows XP and Vista gives me an error message (“The handle is invalid”) when I want to run the setup.exe file. On some PC’s it installs fine and on other it just would not work even though the PC's have the same specs. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Hi
i would suggest first checking with the program vendors for any known issues on install the machines this has worked on is the key you say they are both the same but do they both have the same service packas installed antivirus programs malware detection software firewall setup ms updates usually 2 machines can be indentical in hardware spec but very rarely are they also identical in software or updates.

The PC's are exactly the same. Both Hardware specs and software. The PC's are used in a office. I'll try to contact the Vendor and see what they say.

"the handle is invalid": what does it mean?
'invalid handle' in progammers terms means an attempt to open a file with low-level read capability failed.

No matter how alike you think computers may be, the chance that a setting is different, the account type of the person logged on can make the difference in whether it succeeds.

Either the account you logged on with or a checkmark in the wrong place on the setup, make this computer system "unique."

To check:

Handler is invalid is the message that can come up if you disabled USB devices and attempts installation via CD-Roms in the Application and Device Control policy.

Check for Device control and Blocked Devices, you may have it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back