Error Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

foofoohightec

Hello,
My computer is Windows XP Professional.
Recently I have been receiving several error messages that I don't know what they mean:
"The instruction at 0x009c415b referenced memory at 0x00000000, the memory could not be written."
" The instruction at 0x0278415b etc,etc.
" The instruction at 0x02f6415b etc, etc.
Besides, the computer has become very slow and I am unable to access many files, mainly avi.
Could these messages be related to security issues ? Because they started appearing after I installed Nod32 antivirus trial version.
If this is the case, could anyone please recommend a reliable firewall and antivirus program for me to install.
If not, what is the problem?
Appreciate your help.

There are two very important things to know when asking for help for an error message:

1. What were you trying to do when you got the message?
2. Post the message in it's entirety, exactly as shown.

Some referenced memory errors simply occur because there are too many programs open- each competing for it's share of memory, but memory isn't being released by running programs.

This particular error,0x009c415b, can occur when you are attempting a download, but instead of selecting the Save To option, you select the Open and run from that download location-. Its trying to install the application from the server.

Try downloading it again but instead of selecting download and install from this location Select save it to hard drive. When the download completes then navigate to where ever you saved it and then install it.

Thank you for your responses.
Actually I was setting up a program when I received the error message 0x009c415b (DivX codec 5.1.1). The other two appeared when I was trying to access an avi file. And, yes too many windows were open simultaneously.:blush:
I'll uninstall nod 32 and try one of the suggested programs and see what happens.
Best regards.

Will you be kind enough to let us know what works for you? Very seldom do I see a 'one time question', meaning questions for the same or similar problems occur. By letting us know what works, we are better enabled to help the next person- and that could even be you!

Bobbye said:
Will you be kind enough to let us know what works for you? Very seldom do I see a 'one time question', meaning questions for the same or similar problems occur. By letting us know what works, we are better enabled to help the next person- and that could even be you!
If I understand you correctly, I'll surely let you know what happens after uninstalling nod 32 and trying a different anti virus program.
Regards.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back