Ethernet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniacgeorge

I have a pc with an ECS GEFORCE 6100 sm-m motherboard, running 32bit XP on a 64bit semperon processor. The motherboard says it has broadcom ac13110/100 lan phy.

When I installed the OS some time ago I found this page with drivers. All I downloaded at the time was the audio driver as I used a usb modem and I got the graphics drivers off the nvidia site.

However recently I wanted to use ethernet as I had purchased a Linksys wireless gateway. I saw on device manager under network adapters there was no ethernet listed. Lacking real knowledge about what I needed I installed the nvidia chipset drivers off the above link as it had SM bus (which had an exclamation mark by it on device manager) and said ethernet driver.

This fixed the SM bus thing but the ethernet still dosen't work-all the lights come on the device but it isn't under device manager and I can't get to the router screen. From the same link I installed the realtek lan driver which installed ok but hasn't made the thing work.

I then saw the Nvidia MCP61 Fast Ethernet NIC Driver file which mentioned the broadcom ac131 so I tried to install the forceware network access manager from it. This failed as it said it couln't find nvidia hardware. I vhave now tried to or installed all the relevant looking drivers off the site and am wondering what the problem is.

Does my board definitely support ethernet? It seems to mention it in the spec and has a connector so I'm guessing it does...Is there another driver to install or is it something else?

thanks!

I could do that, yes but I was wondering if there was anything I can do to see if I can get the onboard solution working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back