Evaluate my new home build. Which cables will I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob2006ty

Hi, I don't know if this is the right section of the forums or not, but I just ordered these parts to build my own pc, this is my first homebuild.

Could some one cast an eye over the parts to double check it will all fit together smoothly? I tripled checked everything before ordering on several different sites, but a second (more experienced) opinion would be nice.

I would also like to know which CABLES I need to order assuming the parts come with none.

1.) Seagate STM3320418AS - MAXTOR DIAMONDMAX23 320GB 3.5IN 7200RPM 16MB SATA300 hdd
2.) AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ AM2, Retail with Fan
3.) Foxconn M61PMV nforce 430 micro atx (socket am2/am2+) pci express ddr2 motherboard
4.) Crucial 4GB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz
Memory Module - 4GB - 800MHz DDR2-800/PC2-6400 CT2KIT25664AA800
5.)Foxconn S-809 - OEM - Foxconn S-809 Micro ATX Midi Tower PC Case (Black/Silver) with 350W Power Supply) (also has 1 fan)

Hi Bob,
welcome to techspot. looks like a fit. if you want to add anything more than a low end Graphics card you might need a psu upgrade.

Hi Bob,
welcome to techspot. looks like a fit. if you want to add anything more than a low end Graphics card you might need a psu upgrade.

Thanks, the guys on here have been a great help, I'll bear that in mind about the psu, but I doubt I'll be using it for games etc, its for my mum and dad to surf and write letters on, a low end graphics card will probably be all thats needed if at all.

Any ideas which cables I will need?

check to make sure your motherboard comes with a sata cable (usually comes with at least one) other than that you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back