Ever Wonder How the Shazam Algorithm Works?

What about turning Abracadabra into a meow-cadabra thing? Some sort of app that listen to cat sounds and translare what each meow want to say? (considering you previously already provided a example database of what you think your cat is saying)

I’ll echo others and agree that this was a fantastic article; very well-written and logically broken down.

The article reminded me of my semester of Signals and Systems in college (CompEng major). In that course, we spent about 95% of our time pulling our hair out doing convolution in the time domain, only to learn at the end that we could use a Fourier transform and use integration in the frequency domain (something dramatically easier to understand). We all felt like saying, “thanks for telling us this earlier, a-$@&$s!” to the professor and the TAs. 🤬🤣

What a wonderful article. I've spent 3 hours reading it (yeah, a bit of attention deficit) while drinking some wine tonight. Enjoyed it a lot. Will bookmark it because this is one of the masterpieces I will certainly read again in the future.

Back