EVGA GeForce GTX 470 SC 1280MB DDR5

So I have a few questions about whether or not I will be able to use this graphics card:
EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Superclocked 1280 MB DDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card 012-P3-1472-AR

First, when I go to look at the specs, I see that GeForce website only has the specs for the normal GTX 470. Should I assume that they are roughly the same especially in power requirement?

Specs.png

Amazon has this posted from the specs in its description:

Amazon.png

Currently, my PSU is only 250W and the specs for the GTX 470 requires a minimum of 550W. If I purchase a 600W PSU (or 650W PSU) and replace the one that I currently have, will I have complications with my CPU or anything else that uses the PSU? Also, what PSU would you recommend I look into getting?

PSU.jpg

Also, I have a PCI e x16, and the graphics card requires a PCI e 2.0 and I'm not sure what the difference is. I watched an unboxing video, and the PCI looks like a standard PCI e x16, but I'm not certain.

PCI e x16.jpg
Graphics1.jpg

I also want to know if my computer will be able to even run this graphics card. I posted a topic on this the other day, but received no suggestions on what kind of graphics card I should look into getting. I will post the same pictures here so you can get a sense of what my computer currently uses and what it may be able to handle.

Computer Specs.PNG
Graphics Card Specs.PNG

The graphics card comes with 2 DVI-I (dual link)and my monitor has a DVI-A (dual link). Will I be able to use a DVI-A (dual link) cord and connect it to the Graphics card and then to my monitor? I've been using a VGA cord up to this point.

I may seem like I don't know much about this stuff, but trust me, I have spent a lot of time looking into what all a system requires for a graphics card and so on. But, I still am confused on some things and need help clearing up my concerns before I go ahead and spend about $200 on the graphics card and on a new PSU.

(If I think of anymore questions, I'll post them as replies. Thank you for your time!)

Last edited:
Back