Experiencing Ver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal error message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone. As the title points out, I am experiecing the Ver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal error message on my new computer (it's two years old). I have read some posts on here about this error message, and even though I see some possible solutions, I don't want to do anything else to my system until I get some professional help. First off, I have a Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition PC, Version 2002, with Service Pack 3. Here's what I have done so far to try to end the problem: I upgraded to Service Pack 3 and then conducted a chkdsk under the Microsoft Windows Recovery System and it found some issues, which it corrected. Now, before updating to SP3, this was the information given about the error:
C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER633e.dir00\Mini081409-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER633e.dir00\sysdata.xml
After upgrading to SP3, I received this information about the error after it occured again:
C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER64ce.dir00\Mini081409-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER64ce.dir00\sysdata.xml
Here is some more information that I decided to copy and paste about the most recent error:
BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : F7A5C180 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : AA1715E1 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1
I did try two different system restore points before doing the upgrade to SP3 and chkdsk. One of them didn't do anything to correct the problem, and the other restore wasn't available.

The error tends to occur when I have multiple IE pages running at the same time for a extended period of time (1-2 hours). I am not that computer savy, so providing detailed instructions as to what I should do next would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Mike

FYI: On the last blue error screen, I noticed something at the bottom. It says tcpip.sys address AA1715e1 base at AA169000 Date Stamp 1485b99ad. By the way, my total memory is 1014MB RAM. I have 787 MB used, 1653MB available.

Update: After I receiving some advice, I deleted the file C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp and then created a new user account. I am now seeing a blue screen error that is affecting the same files for the new account. This error is known has Fault_in_nonpaged_area and it mentions kmixer.sys on the blue screen. The error report mentions the two new versions of the files that were affected under the other user account (sysdata.xml and the mini.dmp file). I just downloaded Advanced System Care to see if that somehow corrects the problem. What I can also tell you is that before the error screen appeared, I heard a weird tapping noise coming from my right speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back