Explorer 8 cookie saves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeLuck

Hi all,
I just upgraded to Windows 7 ultima and it has IE8 with it, when i had vista running (IE7) i could save the cookies for sites i visited all the time in the allow part of ccleaner, so every time i clicked hotmail, lets say, i would log straight in.

Now, i have done the same for IE8 except even though ccleaner has saved the cookies i have allowed, IE8 never remembers my log in details so i have to log in to about 8 different sites everytime i shut down/switch on.
Where do i set this option up in IE8 please ?

thanks so much for reading and for anyhelp.
Regards,
Lee.

Under internet options then under privacy then advance. Pretty much the same as prior IE. There are some new security features though. You need to read though what you want to use in IE8. Or just use Firefox or even test that out with what your doing. Make sure you got the latest Ccleaner. You may also want to try instead of Ccleaner is Fcleaner.

Mmmm i checked allow all cookies and it now lets me close the Browser and even run ccleaner and as i open IE8 again all my log ins are saved...

Untill i reboot. then its back to logging in, like i had to here :~(

Will IE7 run on W7. that explorer did everything i wanted it too, IE8 just isnt doing it for me. Why do they insist on changing things for the worse rather then the better sometimes ?

Right, this is doin my head in now :( i have read all sorts and tried all sorts with no results.

All i want to do is get IE8 to save my login details for my favorite sites ! simple isnt it !!! arrghhh

Please someone tell me how to do it ,

Pretty please ;p

Mmmm i checked allow all cookies and it now lets me close the Browser and even run ccleaner and as i open IE8 again all my log ins are saved...

Untill i reboot. then its back to logging in, like i had to here :~(

Will IE7 run on W7. that explorer did everything i wanted it too, IE8 just isnt doing it for me. Why do they insist on changing things for the worse rather then the better sometimes ?

Well I would let the first cookies be allowed and third-party be prompted and over ride session cookies. Don't depend on Ccleaner too much that has bugs in and that's software where i notice myself for cookie management, thus why there is so much updates. You need something else to manager the cookies. How come you don't use Firefox they have some great cookie management add-ons. IE8 you're stuck with that that offers for now.

Most likely you want to reserve the cookies you use to login to sites you use daily and if you use Ccleaner it suppose lock those in. But I notice under FF it will remove them too. Thus again another update for Ccleaner. FCleaner you can see all your cookies. But if you have Ccleaner you need to release those cookies.

There is a freeware program called Cookie Manager for IE, Chrome, FF, Opera and etc browsers.

Does this:
This utility is a manager for the cookies created by the most usual Windows browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Mozilla and Opera (only basic support for this one). It also works with any Gecko-based browser and most of the browsers based in Internet Explorer. You can set a list with the cookies that you want to protect and then delete the remaining ones with a simple mouse click (all the browsers at the same time). It also have the option of detecting the cookies for the sites included in your favorites and/or bookmarks.

Useful for people who care about their privacy but don't want to disable or block all the cookies (a lot of pages need them for working properly).

http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/CookieMonster.php

Let me know how you make out using the above, remember to release those cookies from Ccleaner prior to using the above. Good Luck!

I've downloaded the cookie monster and installed it. Bang it found all my cookies I was able to release the ones I had reserved by Ccleaner. Did a refresh and it found all the cookies and the ones I wanted to reserved it. Then I just remove the crappy ones off the system. Not a bad software for free though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back