Extension .ssd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

resu

hi

i just downloaded a very old game that i used to play in primary school (93 time i guess)
its called martello tower .. its text based .. no pictures at all

its saved as a .ssd file .. what program can i use to play .ssd files?

please help .. i need to recapture my childhood!

thanks for your time

Where did you download it from? Surely they would have instructions for you.

Also, did you play this game on a PC or some other computer? You would need an emulator to be able to run binaries from other architectures.

Open the file with Notepad? If it's plaintext, then you may get some hints from the content.

http://bbc.nvg.org/dir.php3?dir=sw/educational

thats the site

lol i can remember the machine i used all the way back then :D i was only a wee lad.
RM rings a bell .. and i can remember it having a dot matrix printer :p

i opened it in notepad and it gives me a load of code and then pretty much the script of the game .. e.g " you enter a dark room, all you can see is a bottle..." blah blah

thanks for your help so far
i hope you or someone can help me even further :D

cheers

yea it gave me alot of different possibilities so im gonna tryt and get an emulator off the site :D

thanks for all your help :D

OH MY WORD!

I cant believe you have found this!! I have been looking for this for EVER! I loved this game as well and am so desperate to play it again!

Wow 15 years later!

we HAVE to get this working! PLease if anyone can help i'd love to hear it!

Ive actually jsut posted a thread somewhere else asking if anyone knows where I can get this game!

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work yet!!!?

Generally how do they work? Do you d/l an emu and then open it up and then what? Just go 'Load' and select the rom file you want to load?

Or is there loads of formatting and renaming etc to do?

That sort of depends on the specific emulator software. You could do the unthinkable and read the documentation/help/FAQ/readme/whatever that is provided with the emulator :p

Hey, i recently managed to get a copy of martello tower, after searching for a while, but it needs an emulator. Did anyone figure out which emulator you need to use so the program will run? any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

It Works!

HI all,

managed to get this working at last!

The emultor I have is called "modelb" you can find it by googling.

Just open it up once downloaded, go to "quick start" under "file" and then select "Martello.ssd" from whereever you have saved it.

Should work!

Have fun and let me know how you get on I am stuck on the Mystic Rose bit so would love some help!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back