External Hard Drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Seagate Freeagent 250 GB hard drive that I have in an external casing. When I plug it into my laptop, it recognizes that something is plugged in but nothing else shows up. I unmapped a mapped drive so that isn't the problem. I have Windows Vista and when I plug it into a Mac, it works. Can anyone help me?

You might want to try refer to these links
>> See [post=744411]USB Device Problems? Check for Windows Updates[/post]
>> See [post=720762]Troubleshoot: Windows Won't Recognize Your USB Hard Drive[/post]
>> See [post=727106]How to use the DriveCleanupTool[/post]
>> See [post=752196]How to Check Hardware / Connection Issues with your USB Device[/post]

And please let us know if you have further question/need additional help

I have a Seagate Freeagent 250 GB hard drive that I have in an external casing. When I plug it into my laptop, it recognizes that something is plugged in but nothing else shows up. I unmapped a mapped drive so that isn't the problem. I have Windows Vista and when I plug it into a Mac, it works. Can anyone help me?

When it was first used, was it setup on a Mac or PC? It might be partitioned and formatted in a way that Windows cannot understand it. It needs to be FAT32 for read/write compatibility with both Mac OS and Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back