Extremely high CPU usage

My CPU usage is constantly really high, even when I'm doing nothing demanding. Furthermore, it's erratic; for example, where I began typing in this thread, my CPU was at 97% and then all of a sudden drop down to 10% and then back up to 90% etc. I even ran it in safe mode - where it was barley running any processes - and it was going up to 98%. (I'd post a link but I haven't accumulated 5 posts)

Thank you.

Okay, it is time to run antivirus scans and other malware tests. What antivirus program do you have installed? Is it updating and running correctly?

I've ran Spybot normally and in Safe Mode.

I've also ran AVG normally, Safe Mode it done the scan and then I think it just closed itself without any options (was in Command mode or something).

I've ran Ad-Aware normally and in Safe Mode, but only a Smart Scan.

I've done a Disk Defrag and been using Registry Cleaners if that makes a difference?

Leave AVG and delete/uninstall all other cleaners. Download Superantispyware free and install and run it. Tell us if it finds anything. Defrag is not going to affect this problem so its okay to run it once in a while

Uninstalled all the stuff you said and installed SuperAntiSpyware; should I do a full scan or quick scan?

Edit: Doing a quick scan. If you think I need to do a full scan I'll do one after.

It isn't System Idle processes that has a high percentage is it?
Can you check what's usually taking up your CPU cycles?

@hellokitty Google Chrome and Tea Timer are taking up the most.

But I'm not sure if that's the reason (in safe mode): http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae307/chris-69/WTF.jpg

Barley anything is running and it shot up to 98%.

Edit: At the moment I'm watching a video and it's at 50-60%. It goes up to about 75%-80% when I'm in full screen. Is that fine? It may have got better?

Edit: Idle it's between 5%-10%; it used to be doing nothing (idle) and rocket up to 50%+. Maybe the removal of the 500 adware sorted it?

[double post so I could post link]

Back