Failed Disk in a RAID0 array

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have a Dell 9150 which has 2 250Gb Samsung SATA drives , 1 of which is showing up as Error Occurred (0) even after I ran HDD Regenerator that found and recovered 1 bad sector.

There is an earlier thread on here ""t-14076-RAID-0-Failure.html" where Rick says:
""You can safely delete an array (how your data looks to the controller) without deleting the data on the drives (Your data on the physical drives). Once you create a new array using the drives and the same parameters as the original array, the controller should use your existing data as the array. Everything should be back to normal now.""

After a couple of days research, this is the only post I have found that gives me some hope

I have a couple of questions

1 What is the likelyhood that this will work ? Anything else I could/should try first ?
2. I assume that this a potentially destructive operation, is it worth my while taking images of the disks in their current state before trying it ?
3. Where can I find the parameters of the original array ?

Many thanks

Steve

If the system still runs (which i doubt), get immediate backups of the user data.

Raid-0 is a nightmare for just these reasons. Even MS suggests that the OS not
be on a RAID-0.

Progress

For info

I have used Raid Reconstructor to build images of the 2 disks and create an image in which I can see my data. Am now burning this to a new hard disk.

Will now try what Rick suggested and see if it works

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back