Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection - Problem connecting to Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was wondering if someone had a fix for a problem that I've been having.

I've recently attempted to install outpost (firewall) to my desktop computer, but for some reason it fail to install properly, so I uninstalled it. I also did some windows updates. Now I can't connect to the internet. I went into the network connections and clicked on repair this connection, but I get a window that reads,

Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action could not be completed:
Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed.

I think I found the issue. When I went to my:

control panel > systems > hardware > device manager

Under network adapters, it shows two exclamation marks. Those two read:

Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Network Connectin - Agnitum firewall miniport
WAN Miniport (IP) - Agnitum firewall miniport

When I click on uninstall, I get the following error message:

Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the computer.

I tried to disable them and then reboot, but I had no luck.

Has anyone dealt with this issue and know a way around it to get back online? (I am writing this from my wireless laptop.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

System restore should periodically happen automatically onits own, and you won't have to worry about losing anything you may have worked on since then. System resore won't delete any files.

Just to let you know...
It's not a stupid question... it took me a while to find it the 1st time too.
Even after you don't use it for a long time (it's not something you would normally run),
you can stilll forget where it is. (Ijust had to look right now to double check)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back