Failed to query TCP/IP settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
can somebody help me with this?...I tried to repair the internet connection of my laptop but the response was this....."windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action could not be completed. Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection cannot proceed" .Windows Firewall/Internet connection sharing (ICS) could not be started.. can someboby help me fix this?

hi ruju

Do you have a static or dynamic IP address? Are you using a proxy server? Why were you trying to repair the connection? What were you doing when the problem first started occurring? What are your system specs including operating system?

We need a little more information to help you out. Please try and give us anything that might be informative.

Spyder_1386 :)

use CP->Admin Tools->Computer Mgmt

at the bottom->Services & Applications->Services

You need Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing started, but
first ensure that these are already started; if not start them first and set
the Startup Type of each to AUTO
  • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
  • Windows Management Instrumentation
  • Network Connections

Now start Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing

hi ruju

Do you have a static or dynamic IP address? Are you using a proxy server? Why were you trying to repair the connection? What were you doing when the problem first started occurring? What are your system specs including operating system?

We need a little more information to help you out. Please try and give us anything that might be informative.

Spyder_1386 :)

sorry for a delayed reply. thanx spyder_1386. I was actually trying to make a network connection when i suddenly deleted some files. i am not an IT expert, but i guess im using a dynamic Ip add, and my laptop system specs are CPU 440 @ 1.86GHz, 504 MB of ram Intel (R) celeron(R) M.

your response is highly appreciated!

thanks jobeard...TCP/IP

use CP->Admin Tools->Computer Mgmt

at the bottom->Services & Applications->Services

You need Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing started, but
first ensure that these are already started; if not start them first and set
the Startup Type of each to AUTO
  • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
  • Windows Management Instrumentation
  • Network Connections

Now start Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing

thank you jobeard. I done all that but still windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ICS) service coulc not be started. It says "error 2001, The specified driver is invalid"

your response is highly appreciated.

thank you jobeard. I done all that but still windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ICS) service coulc not be started. It says "error 2001, The specified driver is invalid"

Then this is the first problem to be solved.

use run->eventvwr.msc
click on the System in the left to see events in the right

find the Error 2001 and open it
click on the little document icon on the lower right

come back here and follow-up with a PASTE of the data

Error 2001

thanks jobeard,

I can't find err0r 2001. instead i checked error 7000 which says the same problem: " The TCP/IP protocol driver service failed to start due to the following error. The specified driver is invalid."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back