Fallout 3 - Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrasherFan22

Alrighty now. I just finished the main storyline of Fallout 3. I have two questions now. The first:

1) What kind of ending was that? Come on now, Bethesda needs to go back to making Oblivion content, or start workin' on The Elder Scrolls V.

2) Now that I have finished the main storyline, my only save points is an auto save and one that I made right after I went into the facility that the purifier is in. Is there a way that I can essentially restart the game from the beginning, but keep all my stats/levels as well?

Oh, and I am excited about the news that zenmax aquired Id software :p

Get the DLCs and play through them. Broken Steel continues the original storyline of the game. The others add three large side quests and raise the level cap, along with adding new perks and achievements.

It really sucks that Vanilla fallout 3 has an actual ending, it should be like oblivion, still an open world to enjoy.

I have long been a bethesda fan, and it angered me that they just ended it. usually i have a test character to see importance of each skill and get to know the basics of the game. With this character, i play the main quest first then explore the game. It screwed me up pretty bad when they ended the game.

I've long been a fan of the Fallout series and even longer been a fan of Bethesda, back when they pushed out Arena 15 years ago.

I find it funny that people continue to bash and criticize Fallout 3 for what they perceive as a flawed release or a game "unworthy" of the Fallout moniker.

Would you prefer the alternative, which is for the series to have remained dead? Fallout died long ago, with only a loyal fan community left to mod the aging Fallout 1/2 engines. All plans for a successor to the series was scrapped. Given that there was ten years between the release of Fallout 2 and Fallout 3, and given that Bethesda had an uphill battle in trying to breathe life into a series that they did not originally own, I say they did a great job overall.

Granted, the game was buggy. The DLCs were buggy. There could have been so much more. Tell me how this was different at all from Fallout 1 and Fallout 2? Epic games - horrendously bug-ridden to the point where third-party fixes are almost required to play them today.

The only big mistake Bethesda made was ending the game at the end of the main storyline. Which, in retrospect, they fixed with a DLC. They should have done that from the beginning.

All I got to say in regards to FO3 is I was a huge fan of bethesda and its Oblivion/Scrolls games and I can't stand FO3...Ill continue to play Diablo 2/ World of Warcraft or Warcraft 3 while I wait for my new scrolls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back