Fallout 3 System Specs Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route44

Yes, I did a google search and I know what the official system parameters are. And, yes, I have read many other opinions but there seems to be a number of contradictions out there in internet space.

Thus, I come here to TS to ask, will my socket 939 PC run this game decently? I have read so many conflicting reports about what system specs work or don't work I'd like to hear directly from people who actually play(ed) the game. Here's my hardware (again, this is a socket 939):

Athlon 3800+ dual core (2.0 GHz) -- I realize this might be a cause for bottlenecking
XP Pro w/SP2
2 Gigs of OCZ Platinum PC3200 RAM
7200 SATA hardrive
9600GT 512 mb DDR3 video card

* My LCD maximum resolution is 1280-x1024 which is where I like it anyway

Thanks for the help.

mmm yes if you dont go too heavy on the graphics. my spec is
8600gt 512mb
2gb ram
amd athlon 64x5200

and mine runs fine on medium or high graphics, mine are set to low at the moment purely because of a graphical glitch in the game which id rather not have.:D

I don't see any bottleneck with your CPU. A GTX 260 or HD 4870 would have been very severely bottlenecked by your CPU, but not the 9600GT. It should run quite smoothly on High without AA at that resolution. Just play around with the AF settings and see what suits you.

Good stuff guys, thanks. Rage, the 9600GT seems to have been a good choice for me as my last upgrade for this system especially since you pointed out that my CPU wouldn't really be bottle necked (much) by my CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back