Fan broken on my video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNS1310

Well, not broken, just real loud, annoying, and sometimes it just stops. I have plenty of airflow in the case, just wondering how unsafe this is...will my video card overheat? I've been looking for new cards, I want a tv card as well...I have the cable next to the computer waiting to be plugged in!
I also am looking at other monitors. I think I'm picking up a Samsung 2493HM 24"
Any suggestions on video cards/tv cards and/or monitors???
I dont have a PCIE slot...that I can see...so I think I have to stick to an AGP video card and a PCI tv card? I'd also like to hook up my old monitor and my new monitor to the same card and have both going at once. HELP!!
I have pics of the inside and back of my tower...cant post them because I'm a 2-post newbie hehe

I have the tower open and the fan disconnected from the card...nice and quiet now, but is it safe?

Yes, disconnecting the fan to get rid of the fan noise is a poor solution. Soon the card will be dead, but still quiet.

Here's a few pics
INSIDE:
Picture128.jpg

Picture145.jpg

BACK:
Picture129.jpg

Here are the details:
CPU1.jpg

Mainboard1.jpg

Memory1.jpg

USA
I was planning on spending $500 on a monitor (Samsung 2493HM 24"), maybe another $100-200 on each card. I saw a tv card for around $80 (Hauppauge) and video cards looked to be around $100. I'd certainly like to get the best that I can get. Thanks for the help!

Yea u should spend a little less on the monitor and spend about 100 bucks on a new video card... 8600's are around 80-100 bucks each

I just took the card out and unscrewed the fan and gave it a solid cleaning. Its quiet for now...
The monitor is paid for (a gift) and I might sell the old one (Samsung 710T 17" for a couple hundred, thats the money going towards the cards.

drawz said:
can u post a pic of your video card slot with the card out?
Yep, It'll be up in a few minutes. Its an AGP slot. I think that I need the best AGP card I can get, then a decent PCI tv card...right?

Not a great pic from my camera phone (digital cam was stolen a few months ago grrr)
0601081927.jpg

Top brown (barely visable) slot is where the card was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back