Fan should it blow air out or air in? please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soudlous

Okay, this is the problem. I have a lian-li pc 60 case, much like this one
http://www.frozencpu.com/cas-192.html I have a window kit on the side just like this one, no i did not buy it there. Im just using it as an example. I got one with window kit and doing my own modifications.

the two fans attached to the windows kit, whats the best way to place the fans, to blow air in or blow air out?

What is the best way to position the cpu fan, to blow air out or blow air in?

and how about the fan on top of the case, in or out? i did search and i'm getting different answers totally unclear, just quick "it blows air in" no reasoning, and completely out of topic. as such, i'm making a new thread so it can be talked about.

If topic exist already, i apologize for not doing a thorough enough search, if someone could redirect me to a good thread or let me know somehow of somewhere to look for info concerning this topic i am deeply appreciative.

Take care my friends.

Normally the side window fans should blow cool air into your case. This means that your mobo/graphicscard/pci cards etc are receiving some cool air.

The top Fan should always blow out of your case. This is because hot air rises. If the top fan was blowing into the case, this would just trap the hot air inside the case.

Your cpu fan should be blowing cool air onto your heatsink, rather than away from it. You will get better cooling results that way, and the 2 side air intakes will also help.

Normally you would fit one or two fans on the rear of the case. These would be exahust fans That is blowing warm air out of the case..

Front fans should also be intake. that is blowing into the case. These help to keep hard drives etc cool.

Regards Howard :)

This really depends on your setup, but general opinion might say:

CPU fan - Air down on heatsink
Side fan - Air inside case
Back fan - Outside
Front fan - Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back