Fans Vs Water Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulWuzHere

Right now I am running a side window fan, and 2 fans in the Back of my tower. I have thought about getting watter cooling but... come on... its water inside of my comp! How risky is it, and is it worth it just for a few degrees off my CPU and GPU temps? oh and is it worth the price? thanks

Personally, I am not really a water cooling person.

Main reason to get it IMHO

1. It just looks so damn cool!
2. If you are an extreme overclocker
3. You want a quiet computer

As long as you spend the bucks and get a quality water cooling system, no it is not dangerous to have water inside your computer.

Hey Paul

Hey man, i was the one that was clueing you in back in July when you thought about getting a new settup...What did you ever get ? Also if you wanted add me to your yahoo messanger list. jimshady23_z

I am now running
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ on an Nvidia Nforce 3 250
1GB of RAM
Radeon 9600xt
and I added a DVD Burner and a t.v. tuner card.
very very fast

This question of water cooling vs air cooling is one that people have debated for a long time at techspot.

In my opinion, if you had to ask if watercooling is for you, it probably isn't.

Just a few months back I think I asked the very same question, and I decided why it isn't for me:
1. too expensive.
2. I run my comp on a 24/7 basis, and I don't think that's gonna be good for pump life (i.e. expensive maintainance)
3. my comp's temperatures are fine enough, even after OC.
4. too much trouble to install.

If you're still asking if you want watercooling, make sure you have a good reason why you'd want to put water in your comp. Without that reason, I think its pretty pointless even thinking about it.

Of course, the wow factor is really nice, but if you don't go to LAN parties often....

Good point, i'll just stick with these fans. They are quite and if they go out OH NO! $6 gone! NOOOO!!! lol. ANd if they go out my comp won't fry. Also I don't Overclock that much. just for fun. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back