Faster connection through VPN?

Keybored

Generally, when I use my VPN (SumRando) I find that most sites load a little bit slower. But for some reason, I've found I get better performance on specific sites like youtube and even sometimes on Skype calls. Can anyone explain why this is?

I've looked into this, but is something like web proxy the only difference is super fast connection an it does say it encrypts all connections.

But a regular web proxy can be just as quick too (search/check out proxy4free ) if you know which one to use from the proxy list that keeps changing daily. There an ip blocker app that you can run to block additional pest and etc..

So Web Proxy can be just as fast base the the % of the speed is offers. This one your using looks interesting but you don't know the % of the speed it offering so only certain sites seem quicker than others. Plus SumRando is still in beta so they have some issues still.

Ok, I'm not trying to advocate for SumRando here, I'm just trying to figure out why my connection might be slower without a VPN on some sites. Is it possible my ISP throttles particular sites?

Which sites are you noticing slowness. What you use now from SumRando is beta Proxy Server. ISP can block some sites too. Throttle down too.

It happens mostly with youtube and Skype. I haven't noticed it with others. I use SumRando's VPN service, not their proxy service.

Ok, but the fact that the VPN is in beta seems irrelevant here. Why would my speed be faster on certain sites when the VPN is on?

VPN your using there servers when you connect thus when you connect to these site. Just like when you would use VPN via from home into your companies domain network. Again you connecting into another system where you're still on your own ISP but technically speaking your using another service. Beta does play a part here since they're still a work-in-progress with the VPN service they are offering. Don't forget that fact.

What type of service are you getting from your ISP for download and uploads?

Is it possible my ISP throttles particular sites?
Yes. With the VPN, you're connecting via someone else that doesn't have throttling on these sites/programs, so even with the slower tunnel you still end up with faster speeds.

Back